Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Illustion Friday


I have been getting e-mails from www.illustrationfriday.com for what seems like months now and have never really managed to get anything done in time.....like everything else in my life. Not quite sure what I on a day to day basis when I am not doing this kind of stuff. Probably don't want to know.

If you don't know the site, Illustration Friday is a weekly illustration challenge. A topic is posted every Friday and then participants have all week to come up with their own interpretation. You can even submit a topic....guess what? I haven't done that yet either. One day, one day.

Anyway, there is a little extra incentive this month through escapeillustrationland.com who are running a competition to win a copy of Drew Struzan’s new tutorial DVD, Conceiving and Creating the Hellboy Movie Poster Art. For each week of February that you submit work your name will be entered into the draw (so if you do one then it'll be in once, 4 will enter you four times genius!)

For more info on submissions do this....

So anyway, here is my first submission to Illustration Friday - FOCUS.

3 comments:

  1. Soooo cool. Focused indeed! Looks painted... is it digital or analog?
    Mine (in the same post... don't want to plug myself shamelessly... so you can check it out through EFII :) ) .. mine is a quick one, of me, meditating. "Focused" got me in the mood to rekindle my yoga side.
    Love that little guy.
    I do have a little guy you probably would like to see... in my flickr thing... (that's not a plug... yours reminded me of this sketch I made some time ago)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gonzalexx/3696464694/
    If the link gets removed, let me know.
    Great work!
    jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks people! Cool little capped Monk Jose, I have a kid in a comics class I teach who looks just like it.....weird. My illustration is painted. Acrylic on canvas. I actually intended it to be one of a series of three.....its all alone at the moment. Your submission for FOCUSED is great, I'll keep an eye out for your next one.

    Thanks to you too Dthasse!

    ReplyDelete