Friday, April 30, 2010

Art by mail and another CBIG big up!

Ah, another late update...sorry about that. I was out rescuing puppies and orphans from burning buildings.....or something.

Anyway, The illustration news portal Little Chimp Society e-mailed me this morning to tell me that the Mail Me Art 2 exhibition has been announced. Mail Me Art 2 is the second collection of art done entirely on envelopes sent through the mail. I did a quick ink sketch for it:

Dates:
Friday 30th July – Thursday 5th August 2010
Opening reception Friday July 30th 6-11pm

Location:
Red Gate Gallery
209a Coldharbour Lane
London SW9 8RU
United Kingdom
www.redgategallerylondon.co.uk

Meanwhile in Minnesota.....

The Children's book illustration show is still on at the Minnesota Center of Book Arts!
Here are my pieces there. I was aiming for B-Movie style posters of Children's classics. The Big Bad wolf one is one of about three or four Godzilla references I was working on at the time. What? Stuck on a single thought like a broken record forever producing the same thing over and over, y'say? Oh shut up.


Including Artists of the
CHILDREN BOOK
ILLUSTRATIONS GUILD


Minnesota Book Arts Show
April 8th - June 20th
http://www.mnbookarts.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment