Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wedding Stuff

I've been working on a few commission pieces lately (or some other excuse for not updating anything here) one of which was for a friend back in England. My friend is attending a wedding where the bride and groom are to be wed under an arch decorated with cloth messages from the guests. I was sent a couple of photos and came up with this picture to be printed on the cloth from her:
Since I haven't updated in a while here are a few other wedding related things from the past year or so......

The wedding topper from my own wedding cake in 2010.

Another for a friend's wedding complete with cat (who couldn't make the actual wedding).

The following were a few decorations I did for the amazingly talented artist and bride Kirsten Sevig. Kristen designed a flock of birds who were scatted around the wedding as if attending a birdie version of the wedding itself. There were even a little bird bride and groom in similar attire to their human counterparts. I only painted about a dozen of the paper-mache birds but tried to give them all different personalities and styles. Swanky silver tux. A Robin robin. Burly Tattoo bird.


2 comments:

  1. Free wedding stuff is a great way to save money on your wedding budget. Tips on how to find the free stuff that is available but not always advertised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds were so awesome! They made the bird wedding spectacular, and the human wedding as well!!!!! Belated comment, I know, but I thought I'd say it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete